Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Quirky

This is the Quirky Quintet Shawl - Stephen West’s newest pattern. You can purchase the pattern on Ravelry.

Choose five contrasting colors of fingering weight yarn to knit this large semi-circular shawl. The fabric is filled with fun stripes and slip stitches that form the geometric columns, checks, and triangles. Simple textures like ribbing, seed stitch, and garter stitch provide lots of relaxing rows to enjoy as you anticipate each new colorful stripe. The constantly shifting colors and textures make this project very addicting to knit. I used high contrast semi-solid and lightly speckled colors from Mominoki yarn for my shawl to emphasize the crisp architectural lines. Splashy speckles would also look really fun in this design for a more painterly effect.

I love the border on the shawl. I have it on a few of Stephen’s shawls that I have knit. 

Photos © Stephen West





I didn’t make it to the store today. This morning I did errands and this afternoon I was at the dentist for a cleaning. Now I need to work. Mr. UPS should be bringing lots of boxes on Thursday - Hedgehog (2), Malabrigo (2) and Emma’s. There are colours to be added to the website.
We were all sitting outside after dinner and there was thunder. Someone is afraid of thunder and fireworks. He is trying to hide (in Beth’s chair).

Dad got great news this afternoon. Beth took him for an appointment with the doctor who did his radiation last summer. His numbers are very low which is amazing. We will celebrate after The Price is Right with some pie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that your Dad got some great news!