Wednesday, May 08, 2024

Big Delivery Day

Mr. UPS brought in a huge box from Emma’s.

The May Crazy Beautiful Color is beautiful.

We have 4 new colours of Practically Perfect Sock.
Down the Rabbit Hole
Disco
Julep
Something Blue
I have updated the website with everything we received from Emma’s.
Mr. Canada Post brought in two boxes of Opal Sock. These are all available online and in the store.

Then Mr. Canpar brought a box with some Lang and BC Garn. These aren’t online yet. It’s a big TV night and I have some chores to do before Beth gets home.

I have a funny dad story to share. My dad wears Skechers and has for years. He wouldn’t have shoes with laces. I bought him a brand new pair to wear in the hospital - his favourite pair were covered in paint and concrete. He was having a hard time getting his feet in - I think it was coordination at the beginning. I bought him running shoes so we could undo the laces and hopefully he could get his feet in easier. For the past week he has been taking them off with the laces done up and then pushing his feet back in. Yesterday morning the laces were undone. He put his feet in and I tied the laces. This morning he put his feet in and then bent over and tied the laces. I texted Beth right away. Neither of us knew that dad could tie his own laces. I don’t remember my dad ever having shoes with laces. 🤷‍♀️

4 comments:

Mary Lou H. said...

Hello Julie…..if your dad starts having trouble with shoes again you might want to try the new Sketchers hands free shoes. No laces and no shoe horn required. Step in and go. Great to hear the awesome progress he is making.

Laura said...

Great news about your Dad and the laces! My congratulations to him!!

Anonymous said...

Cute story about your Dad. I'm so glad that he is making good recovery progress. I love seeing the yarn and projects, but really love hearing about your family. Tell your Dad that I send best wishes to him. I'm about his age, and have family members that are dealing with health issues too. Hng in there Henk!

Carolyn said...

Hi Julie - That’s a great story about your dad. Not sure if you’ve heard of Sketchers Slip-ins? They work great for older people who can’t bend down to tie their shoes and they look nice as well.