Thursday, May 28, 2020

A Visitor

I had a surprise when I got to work this morning.
I walked to the back of the parking lot to look at the gardens and there was a visitor. What a shock. I didn't get close - I used the close up on my phone. I didn't want to scare the little guy. I didn't know if he was okay so I called Animal Control and talked with a very nice lady. She said that the mothers leave the fawns somewhere safe for the day and will come back for them later. She had me look to see if he looked dehydrated (which he didn't) so she said not to worry. I kept checking and he/she had turned around. Their colouring is beautiful.
I went and checked before coming home and they were gone so mom must have come. I guess the fence isn't going to stop the deer from coming into the garden 😋.
Photos © Andrea Mowry
Andrea Mowry has a new hat pattern. This is Minted (pattern purchased on Ravelry).
This design was born of a serendipitous moment of these two lovely yarns snuggling up next to each other in my yarn basket. Day after day I would glance their way and I just knew they needed to be knit up together into a soft, warm hat! Minted is surprisingly quick to knit, and even more delightful to wear!
The hat is knit holding two strands together - a strand of sport weight and a strand of lace weight mohair. Tosh Sport and Rowan Kidsilk Haze would make a great combination.

We will have new Addi Click sets coming in August.

The addiClick interchangeable needle set is the only complete system which provides a patented click-in tip that will never come unscrewed while knitting. No tools are required to make a quick tip change; simply insert the cord deep into the tip, twist and release. Thanks to the Click’s revolutionary locking mechanism, the tips will remain secure until you choose to change them. 

One connection does it all! All addiClick system parts are fully interchageable. The complete system offers you seven tip choices (Original Turbo®, Bamboo, Olive Wood, Rocket Standard, Rocket Short, Rocket2 Standard, and Rocket2 Short) in sizes ranging from a US 4 to a US 19, 8 cord lengths, a multi-purpose connector, and even crochet hooks - providing you the opportunity to create just the right tool as you need it.



The addiClick Rocket2 SHORT set includes: 
  • 8 sizes of addiClick Rocket2 SHORT tips (approx. US 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11)
  • 1 each 16", 20", 24", 32", and 40" pliable, blue nylon cords with lifeline eyelets
  • 1 Click Connector, which helps to either store stitches or combine cords
  • 1 addiGrip to make changing tips even easier
  • 1 addi® Needle Gauge

The addiClick Rocket2 STANDARD set includes: 
  • 8 sizes of addiClick Rocket2 STANDARD tips (approx. US 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11)
  • 1 each 16", 20", 24", 32", and 40" pliable, blue nylon cords with lifeline eyelets
  • 1 Click Connector, which helps to either store stitches or combine cords
  • 1 addiGrip to make changing tips even easier
  • 1 addi® Needle Gauge
I have knit with the Rocket Squared and liked them. I didn't find them as slippery (so not as fast) as regular Addis.

We will also have individual Rocket Squared tips. If you already have an Addi set you can try out one set of tips to see if you like them.

Pretend Trip Day 4
(What I would have done in Vegas if I was there)

I was up early and got my suitcase packed. I forgot to mention that I bought 3 new pairs of shoes. Getting them into the suitcase was fun but I made it. I had a great time but the trip wasn't near long enough. Sometimes I have a hard time when I get home because of the time change but I have a feeling I'll feel just fine tomorrow.

No comments: