Thursday, May 21, 2020

Rowan

I spent the afternoon at home so that I could participate in a Zoom meeting to see the new yarns and patterns from Rowan for Fall. There is a lot to process. I can't share anything yet but when I can there will be lots to tell. There are a lot of books. New colours. New yarns. It's very exciting!

I went to the store this morning to meet Mr. Canada Post and then I played with a few colour combinations for Dotted Rays Speckled Fade. I wanted to stay longer but my meeting started at noon. You need 4 colours for the body of the shawl and 2 colours for the border. I used a SweetGeorgia Party Pack for this one. There are 5 shades of grey in the kit. You would use 4 for the shawl and the extra grey for the border. You can use the top 4 greys or the bottom 4 greys. Either would look great.

I picked bright colours for the contrast in the border but you can pick whatever colour you like.

Jelly Bean would make an amazing shawl. I'd do the top 4 colours and use the fuchsia and something bright for the border.
Tanzanite
For Swell I would use the top 4 colours for the shawl and put the darkest teal in the border with a fuchsia or purple.
This would be a pretty pink shawl with green and purple for the border.
This screams summer to me.

You might not know that I am very anal about getting parcels out. If you order today it will go out tomorrow. I am in the store most days before 8:30 because Mr. Canada Post comes between 10:30 and 11. This morning an order came in at 9:30 and it went with today's parcels. The same goes for curbside pick up. I will have it ready for the next pick up day. Order on Monday you can come on Tuesday. If you don't receive an email telling you that the parcel is ready, please email or call the store. The parcel is probably ready and the email has gone into your Spam folder.

After my meeting I took a drive to Terra to look at planters for the store. Beth is going tomorrow morning to pick up flowers for the house so now she knows what I need.

There wasn't any knitting last night. I'm shutting down my computer so we can watch the finale of The Masked Singer and I can knit a few rows. Then to bed so I can be up early and get to work. There are orders to pack 😋

No comments: