Saturday, February 23, 2019

Weekender

Sarah has another finished sweater. This is The Weekender (pattern purchased on Ravelry). Sarah purchased the yarn years ago for a cabled sweater but she didn't get very far on it. She already knit The Weekender and knew this was the perfect sweater to use up some stash.
This drop shoulder sweater is my most favorite addition to my handmade wardrobe! When Brooklyn Tweed came out with their line of marls for Shelter, I knew I needed a marled sweater. I combined my favorite attributes - texture, faux seams, drop shoulder, and some positive ease to create this versatile, flattering sweater! No matter your body type, it is perfect for wearing to the office or out on your weekend hike in the woods. I’ve already knit a second version, leaving off the sleeves so I can wear it in warmer weather or layered over a long sleeve tee!




I'm looking at Lynn while I am writing and she is wearing her The Weekender that she knit in Rowan Hemp Tweed.
Any worsted weight will work. We have a feature on the blog where you can sort yarn and I am trying to enter the thickness for each yarn. You can see all the worsted weight yarns here. We have more in the store that haven't made it to the site yet.

I got home from work and started knitting. It's 11:30 and I figured it was time to give my hands a rest and go to bed. All of a sudden it hit me that I hadn't finished my post. I have more pictures to share but I'll save them for tomorrow.

No comments: