Monday, February 11, 2019

Another Snow Day

I received an email from Kerstin on Friday about her Chevron Shenanigans. She hated it and was going to rip it out. I asked her to wait and bring it in before she did that. I don't like to rip out, especially when a project is finished. Maybe we can find a solution to make it better.
This was today's email.
I took my Chevron Shenanigans off the needles yesterday and soaked and blocked it. Now that it’s blocked it looks lovely. I am sending you a photo of it. I’ve learned that I must reserve judgment until it’s blocked. It looked horrid on the needles when I was doing my last 2 wedges.
Her shawl is beautiful. The colours are stunning! I'm sorry that she likes it now. I would have happily taken it off her hands 😉Please learn from Kerstin's experience.

My other suggestion is to put the item away for a while. Sometimes you have looked at it for too long while making your project. Many times you will pull it out and are surprised that you didn't like it.

We're getting ready for the 2019 Ancaster Community Food Drive. This is the 27th year of the food drive. Last year they collected 104,000 lbs of food and 8 local food banks were supported. At the Needle Emporium we collected over $1225 and enough food to fill the back of a pick up truck.

Read more about The Food Drive.

We are asking our suppliers to donate yarn, needles, books, accessories... towards gift baskets. I hope to make two, maybe three depending on donations. I've already heard from Hedgehog and N.Jefferson who we buy needles from. My suppliers are very generous and I know that the baskets will be amazing!

Tickets
For every food item you bring in you will receive one ticket.

If you donate $10 we will give you 10 tickets.

If you donate $20 we will give you 25 tickets.

You can drop off food and cash in the store. If you live out of town and would like to donate, please call me at 1-800-667-9167.

We will mail out the basket (anywhere in Canada) if you donate and win.


If you don't want to donate to our food drive, please consider donating to your local food bank. They are always in need of food.

The store could be closed tomorrow due to snow, ice pellets, freezing rain and wind. Who knows what we are going to see. Please call ahead before heading to the store.

2 comments:

Sally said...

When I saw today's picture first come up, it gave me the impression of a bird of prey 'mantling' over its dinner. Such a beautiful way to display your Chevron Shenanigans, Kerstin.

Kathy C said...

What a gorgeous shawl. I’m delighted that it bloomed to your liking, it truly is beautiful!