Tuesday, February 05, 2019

Coming Soon. Really Soon.

Laine Magazine #7 is on the way to us.
Laine is a high-quality Nordic knit & lifestyle magazine for knit folks. Laine cherishes natural fibers, slow living, local craftsmanship, and beautiful, simple things in life.    
Laine includes patterns from leading knitwear designers, insightful, long-format stories from the world of wool, interviews, exciting travel articles, seasonal recipes, and strong, visual storytelling.  
The magazine is filled with beautiful knitwear designs as well as stunning photography. 
 Issue seven, Kouta, includes:
  • 140 pages
  • an interview with Veera Välimäki
  • a long-format story about The Fibre Co.
  • my story by Emma Robinson of The Woolly Mammoth
  • a Q&A with Annie Rowden
  • recipes
  • a travel guide to London featuring the best spots to stay, eat and shop.
  • 12 knitting patterns from a talented group of designers: 
Lærke Bisschop-Larsen, Kiyomi Burgin, Aleks Byrd, Kristin Drysdale, Carol Feller, Whitney Hayward, Natasja Hornby, Dami Hunter, Renate Kamm, Meiju K-P, Nancy Marchant, Alejandra Pont, and Stephen West.



So I brought my boots to work but it was so muddy I would have sunk to my knees. I did the best I could.

Nightshift is growing. I am almost finished the first skeins. When I am part way through the next skeins I will decide if I am going to stop at 4 (2 of each colour) or use 6 (3 of each colour) to make a really big shawl.

I should have news tomorrow about another order from Spincycle. I think we are going to see some Dream State and Dyed in the Wool.

No comments: