Friday, September 14, 2018

Texture Time

Beth loves knitting hats and wanted to try out Dream State. After looking on Ravelry she chose the Basic Norwegian Star Hat (pattern free on Ravelry). The hat took one skein of Woolstok and about 1/2 skein of Dream State. She was upset because she didn't get through enough of the colours in the Dream State. There will be another hat cast on tonight and this time she is going to flip the yarns. Dream State will be the base and Woolstok will be the contrast. She sent a text to make sure that I bring yarn home for her.

It was time to start playing with colours for Stephen West's next MKAL.
Texture Time is this year’s Westknits Mystery Shawl KAL! Sign up on Friday by purchasing Texture Time to receive the introductory PDF with all the details on yarns, color choice, and gauge. Each week starting Friday October 5, I will release one section of the pattern. You will get an automatic PDF update in your inbox to knit each section until the complete design is revealed Friday, October 26!
Purchase the pattern on Ravelry.
Uschitita
Ornament
Havana (has red tones in it)
Treehouse (has green tones in it)
Moccachino

Kidsilk Haze
679
Primrose Adelaide
Maple Leaf
Istanbul
Smoking Gun
Glacier

Kidsilk Haze
678
I used the same colours of Adelaide but changed the Kidsilk Haze to 671.
Rockshelter Sock
Fragrant Flowering Tobacco
Raku Glaze
Opium Den
Old Lace

Hedgehog Kidsilk Lace
Cheeky
I changed the Kidsilk Lace to Deep End.

I've gone down the rabbit hole. Now I've started and I can't stop.

The store is mostly back in order. Finally. We are packed for Camp. The only thing left to do is put my fashion show in order and have class notes printed.

My Espe is almost finished. Six rows to go. And it was my lucky day. I think I might run out of yarn and there was a skein in my lot on the shelf. Now a few more rows before bed.

No comments: