Sunday, September 30, 2018

Coors Cowl

This easy to knit cowl is made with Palace, Chateau and/or Chalet from Classic Elite.
Chainette yarns are well-deserving of their popularity...the construction simultaneously provides strength and lightness. Add a luxury fiber blend of baby alpaca and bamboo to that inherent lightness and you have Chalet, a decadently soft yarn with a lovely drape in a chunky weight from our MountainTop Collection of yarns spun from natural, undyed fibers. Chateau is Chalet's colorful cousin, available in saturated, vibrant colors.



The owner of Classic Elite has retired so we can no longer get the yarn. It's time to make shelf space. We have made up amazing colour combinations for the cowl and the kits are on sale for $50 (regular $85-90). We've also made some kits in one colour. Not everyone wants stripes. The kits will be in the store for the next week and a half and then they will be packed up and taken to the Woodstock Fleece Festival.

My Ombre Cowl Hood is cast off and I'll block it tomorrow. I almost finished the first ball on The Simples Rule Cowl.

I would have knit more today but Beth was napping so I was in charge of the TV converter. It's a lot of work flipping between football games. I'm going to knit a few more rows and then bed. Tomorrow morning (early) I'm visiting the dentist for cleaning and then off to work. Lynn and I are going to be busy tomorrow making kits and starting to pack for Woodstock.

No comments: