Saturday, August 29, 2020

Strawberries

This beautiful cowl is knit with one skein of sock yarn and one skein of Spincycle Dyed in the Wool.

The pattern is called the Strawberry Mountain Cowl and was designed by Kay Hopkins. You can purchase the pattern on her website or on Ravelry.
Strawberry Mountain is a quick and easy cowl with simple striping and textured colorwork. 
The colorwork looks impressive but is really just slipped stitches and uses only one color per row! It’s so much fun to work the colorwork in a gradient yarn and it’s also a great way to use up stash and leftover yarn…maybe even a skein of variegated yarn against a strongly contrasting background? 
I chose to work all of the CC in garter stitch and I love the ensuing texture! 
Strawberry Mountain is worked on the bias from one end to the other, starting with just 6 stitches, and is only slightly asymmetrical. The I-Cord edges are worked as you go so there’s no finishing to do and the bind-off is also I-Cord.



Of course I put together combinations. For these I used Dyed in the Wool and Hedgehog Sock. You need one skein of each for the cowl.
For Hedgehog Sock I used
Velvet
Wish
Plump
Petrol
Purr
Clay
Melon

For Dyed in the Wool I used
Midsommar A
Rusted Rainbow B
Neveruary A
Ghost Ranch C
The Meadows D










Dad and Lucy visited the store this morning. Dad made lots of boxes. I don’t know how I’m going to get the box off the top of the pile but it makes him happy to pile them up like this.


No comments: