Thursday, August 06, 2020

Orianna Wrap

A box arrive from Lynda this morning. Oh my goodness. My Orianna Wrap is gorgeous!!!
Cast on Orianna and have fun knitting as you play with subtle textures and colour transitions. Sometimes fingering weight yarns are held together with co-ordinating Kidsilk lace strands, but other times they are held singly and alternated to add to the textured effect. Stripes and lace also combine to further showcase the contrasts and textures. The result, a luxe wrap cosy enough for the coolest of days will certainly be a beautiful addition to your wardrobe. Keep your colours muted or play with bold choices; the options are limitless. 
We don’t have the original colours from Uschitita right now (I’m working on it) but I did put this combination together
It is slightly different but I think it would be stunning. 

If you want it really close to mine, I would take out the Hedgehog Kidsilk Lace on the right (grey, mauve and turquoise) and use a solid grey Kidsilk Haze from Rowan.






The pattern for the Orianna Wrap can be purchased on Ravelry or in Ambah’s Etsy Shop.

I was busy working on the website today. I added some new kits to the clearance section

We finally received more Addi Flexi-Flips in 2.5mm
Cast-on to an effortless new method of knitting socks, cuffs, hats, and many of other projects which are worked in the round, with the addi® FlexiFlips. Developed by "CraSy" Sylvie Rasch in collaboration with addi® and made specifically for North America, these specially designed 21cm circulars (3.5" tips with 1" cord) rest comfortably in the hand, and act as flexible double pointed needles. Easy to use, stitches are simply distributed over two needles, and then knit with the third - resulting in only two needle changes per row. 
I wasn’t in the mood to wind another skeins of Hedgehog Merino DK to work on my Tweedy shawl so I’m back working on my Botanic Shawl. It’s almost finished. Two more rows and then the I-Cord cast off. It’s going to be hard to knit tonight. We have the second half of Big Brother, the Jays, the Leafs, golf and the Golden Knights. We need more TVs in our living room.

No comments: