Sunday, August 23, 2020

Blocking at the Cottage

Sarah sent a text this morning that she finished a sweater while at the cottage. What a great way to block. This is her husband John cleaning up the rocks for her.









Sarah posted this picture on Instagram earlier in the week and I’m using it to show you the colours of the yarn that went into the sweater.
The pattern is called the Oslo Sweater (purchased on Ravelry) and Sarah used a fingering weight that she picked up in her travels last year with Hedgehog Kidsilk Lace.

Yesterday was a total write off. I went to the store and got a migraine. I was there for an hour (pick ups are from 10-11am) and then had to come home. I was in bed all day until 6pm when Beth got home from work. I had dinner and knit a few rows before heading back to bed.

It was also a knitting write off. I have decided that I don’t like the colour order of my Find Your Fade. It has gone into time out for now.
I brought out my Rock it Tee. You can purchase the pattern on Ravelry. I am using Hedgehog Skinny Singles and Kidsilk Lace.

From Tanis
I used to think that summer knits weren’t for me, boy was I wrong! There is nothing more comfortable than an easy breezy knit top. Over the past few years I’ve been working steadily towards building up my summer knits wardrobe. I’ve got a few summer knits in my closet now but what I realize was missing is a staple, go-to, v-neck tee. I’ve chosen to create tone on tone stripes by alternating between fingering and mohair yarn in my favourite shade of blue, but this basic shape lends itself to infinite possibilities when it comes to stripes and colour blocking. 
Knit top down, flat until the neck shaping is complete and in the round after that.
I am a few rows from joining in the round so it’s time to get back at it.

No comments: