Monday, March 23, 2020

Important Information about the next few weeks

A newsletter went out this evening about the next few weeks. In case you don't receive our newsletter, here is what was said.

We hope that you and your family are safe during these difficult times. All is well here. The doors of the store have been closed since Wednesday. I have been here daily shipping out and delivering yarn to the parking lot. 

The province of Ontario has ordered the closure of all non-essential services. If you need yarn or needles, please complete your order online by 11am EST tomorrow morning (Tuesday March 24). We will get all orders packed and shipped before closing. 

If you live close and want to pick up yarn or needles, we will be in the store from 11am-4pm tomorrow. Please complete your order online and we will let you know when the order is ready. Call when you get to the store, (905) 648-1994 and we will bring your parcel out to you.

If we can ship yarn after tomorrow I will come to the store every day and get orders out but at this time we don’t know what is in the near future for us. 

Please don’t worry about us. We will be fine. Yarn doesn’t go bad. If we can’t sell it for two weeks we will be ready sometime in April. Please stay home and keep your family safe.
Mr. Canada Post delivered a huge box of Hedgehog this morning. I am going to have fun playing! Right now I'm rushing to get the yarn added to the website. I should be finished later this evening.

Damsel
Danube

Ms. UPS came late this afternoon with two boxes from Harrisville Designs. Meet Blackberry and Melon.
Mary-Anne sent a picture of her Shift. I love the colours.
I finished my shift this winter and have been wearing it a lot! 
I remember coming to you in a panic thinking it wasn’t going to work out - I wasn’t sure if the needle size was right or if the yarn was dense because of the weight.  
You suggested I soak the project on the needles before I went any further to see if I liked how it was after it was blocked.  
I took your advice and blocked what I had so far and confirmed I was in the right track. Phew! 
This was such a fun project after I got past the speed bump and it went really quickly- always fun to see what colour would pop up next and no two projects are ever alike.  
I have purchased yarn to make another one.  
The colours I used were: 
Ruination, Melancholia and Nostalgia 
Thanks again for all your advice - as always. 
Cheryl also sent some pictures.
Here is the Hinterland I knit with Tosh light singles in stovepipe and coral long dog yarn. I bought this in January. You and Lynn both helped me hunt out 4 skeins of the tosh. Turns out 3 did it. Very happy with results

Susan emailed a picture of the sweater she is knitting. It looks great. She is doing Newleaf in Le Petit Lambswool and Dyed in the Wool.

I'm early tonight. I have a lot of website updating to do when I get home. Hopefully I can get a few rows of knitting in as well. I cast off the body of Hinterland last night. I won't want to pick up for a sleeve tonight (you want to be wide awake for that - it's a good job for the morning) so I think I'll go back to Love Note. I really want it finished now because I might need to do another one with Damsel from Hedgehog. I am in lust with that colour.

No comments: