Wednesday, May 08, 2019

Inspired


Our friend Brian Smith has another new pattern. I'm not sure he sleeps.

This shawl is called Creme Rouge and uses three skeins of fingering weight yarn.

Uschitita should be arriving on Friday. YAY. The Singles will be perfect for Brian's pattern.

One of our new colours is called Mooi. This was a word that my Oma and Opa used a lot. It translates as pretty, beautiful, sweet and good. I can't wait to see what colour Steffi made the yarn.



Thank you to the Around the Bay Knitting Guild for inviting me to your meeting last night. I think the ladies came away inspired and ready to play with colour. My hope is that they will go through their stash and pull out their fingering weight yarns and start knitting with them.

Demi Lune is another new pattern from Churchmouse. You can purchase it on Ravelry or in the store - Mr. Canada Post delivered our box of patterns this morning.
The relaxing rhythm of stockinette stitch creates a simple, supple fabric—the perfect canvas to play with degrees of sheerness. Adding a feminine eyelet lace edge keeps the knitting interesting. With long tapered ends, this scarf’s shape lies somewhere between half moon and triangle. Started at the top edge, the knitting gets faster and faster as you go!


Guthrie has been put away for my trip and I am back to the Nightshift. Once I am through this section of green/green the pink and then mauve will be introduced back in.

We just finished Survivor and The Amazing Race. I can go to sleep happy with the results on both shows.

No comments: