Friday, February 22, 2019

Another Hipster

Lynn finished her Hipster. The colour is perfect!
She used 3 skeins of Tosh DK in the colour night bloom. Have you looked at the tosh shade cards on the new website? All the colours are in alphabetical order. Oh my gosh - it is so much easier to find the colours.


I am going to Chicago at the beginning of April for a presentation from Rowan. They will be introducing Fall 2019. I have Rowan winter garments but nothing spring. Diana picked up Cotton Cashmere yesterday to make Fontana.

A box is on the way to Lynda and she is going to make me Odyssey from Joji (a free pattern on Ravelry) in Rowan's new Denim Revive.

Food donations are coming in.
Prizes are coming in too.
Knitting Fever is sending a Lykke Interchangeable Needle set in Indigo. What a fabulous prize!!

They are also sending a bag of Noro Kiri and a bag of Noro Kumo. I don't know the colours but who cares - it is Noro and they will be fabulous.

Noro Kiri

DK weight

47% Silk
39% Wool
14% Mohair

382 yards on a ball

You will have enough yarn in the bag to make 2 sweaters - this takes 4-5 balls. Or one beautiful throw.

Noro Kumo

41% Viscose
35% Cotton
12% Silk
12% Wool

DK weight
393 yards on a ball

This cardigan takes 5-6 balls of Kumo. You'll have enough to make a shawl as well.

Here is the updated list of the door prizes so far and more are on the way.

With the new website we had to play with my email. I think I have it all worked out. I need to add the new email to all my devices - iPhone, iPad mini, iPad Pro, MacBook and iMac. I need to set up the iPad in the store tomorrow. That was the least of my worries tonight. I knit 10 too many rows on my shawl. I should have changed colours but I was happily knitting along thinking I knew what I was doing. I decided to keep going. My shawl might end up a bit longer. Or the last section might be shorter than it was supposed to be.

Beth has arrived safely in Myrtle Beach. Once they call that they are home I'm heading to bed. My head hurts.

No comments: