Friday, September 28, 2018

Too Early

Karen stopped in today with her latest ZickZack Scarf (pattern free on Ravelry). She used 2 balls of Mille Colori Baby (107) and one skein of Mrs. Crosby Train Case (Saunter). Mixing a striping yarn with a subtle hand dyed yarn produces an amazing scarf. She was lucky to get out of the store with it :)

I couldn't decide which picture looked better so I used both.


We have new colours of Autumn and Indigo Single Sock. This is Afterglow.
100% merino wool
400yards in a 100gram skein.

Bleached Aqua

Claire's colours are different than other dyers that we carry. Most colours have an undyed portion to them.

Sepia - above
Stonewall - below

Static

Skinny Dipping

The Ryder Cup is taking place this weekend. They are playing in France so it is on TV very early in the morning. I started watching at about 5am this morning. A bit too early to be knitting on something that requires concentration. I went back to my Alexandra's Airplane Scarf (knit with Hedgehog Kidsilk Lace) which is actually more like the Ombre Cowl Hood because I double stranded the yarn.

It is just about finished so yarn is wound for another easy project.

I'm going to make the Simple Rules Cowl in Bamboo Bloom from Universal Yarns. A shipment of new colours will be arriving next week. I've already made the cowl with one skein. This time I am going to double the number of stitches and use two skeins.

Now it's bed time. They tee off at 2am our time. I'm going to set my alarm for 4.

No comments: