Sunday, August 26, 2018

Short Rows

My first set of short rows are finished and I'm fading into the second colour.
The colour in my picture is off but it's 10:30 so I'm going with it. I tried to get as much knitting done today before posting. Four more rows and I'm into the short rows on the next colour.

You can see how much wider the collar is than the front band. The short rows make this happen. I will write a bit more about short rows tomorrow.

Did you see that Ambah has a new pattern out?
Blaise can be purchased on Ravelry.
Named for the fiery colours of Autumn leaves the gradient set of the first sample reflects, Blaise Shawl is a versatile shawl. Simple triangular shaping is easy to knit and wear and the textured slip stitch gives many opportunities to have fun with colour. Contrast a gradient set with a solid colour or work two coordinating skeins together to show each other off. Leave the edge plain or add the perfect finishing flourish with tassels or fringe - either in a solid colour or gradients. The hardest part will be deciding which way to wear yours - the back is just as pretty as the front!
Fingering weight/4-ply  
MC: 420 yd/384 m  
CC: Either 420 yd/384 m or a six-colour gradient set, each skein consisting of 70 yd/64 m.  
Colours in gradient sets will be referred to as CC1 through CC6.  
Fringe: Either 202 yd/185 m or a six-colour gradient set, each skein consisting of 34 yd/31 m.  
Tassels: Yardage will include enough for 3 tassels.

Now it's bed time. My to do list for tomorrow is really long. And I need to get more knitting done. It won't look good if Lynn and Sarah come to the Knitters' Fair with their cardigans finished and mine isn't.

No comments: