Wednesday, August 15, 2018

BIG

We have a new yarn. Big Freakin' Wool. It is very BIG!
4 skeins and this free pattern is all you need for the Big Freakin' Scarf.
I ordered the yarn sight unseen so I started with 3 colours. #2

70% wool
30% polyester

11m (12.5 yards) on a 250 gram hank. That's BIG!
#3
#4
The pattern to the Three Color Chevron Throw is free.

I have another sneak peek that I forgot in yesterday's post.
The yarn looks amazing in many different stitch patterns.

While I'm talking about a yarn that looks amazing in different stitch patterns I should mention Rowan Felted Tweed. We have a shipment on the way from Rowan and fingers crossed Marie Wallin's new book will be in the boxes.
BLOOMSBURY is a collection of fairisle and stitch designs inspired by the life style and culture of the Bloomsbury group of artists and writers at the turn of the twentieth century. The 8 womenswear designs are knitted using Rowan Felted Tweed, one of Marie’s favourite yarns. 
We photographed this collection at ‘Stoneywell’ in rural Leicestershire - a beautiful Arts & Crafts house now owned by the National Trust.



It's bed time. There wasn't much sleep last night. Beth and I worked on Camp. Specifically Thursday evening. I had so much running through my mind. While I was lying in bed trying to count sheep it hit me that I needed a special Rowan garment that Jane knit me for the evening. I had to do a bit of searching but I found it. Now I'm ready for Thursday evening. Tonight I'll be thinking about Friday's Fashion Show.

No comments: