Saturday, August 25, 2018

Quake

I'm not sure why I kept putting it off. It didn't take long to pick up my stitches. Tomorrow I will start the knitting.

©Stephen West 
Quake Scarf and Shawl (pattern purchased on Ravelry) is a new pattern from Stephen West.
This graphic design is knit with 4 main colors of fingering weight wool and one color of lace weight mohair silk for the decorative eyelet rows. Chevrons and short rows form the geometric fabric while the shape grows gradually into a wider asymmetrical shape. You will receive instructions for a long scarf shape or a wider shawl shape. Choose a contrasting graphic palette of colors or try a more subtle and faded color palette.


©Stephen West

©Stephen West

©Stephen West
©Stephen West
I am going to think about colours over the weekend. There are so many ways to go with this. Four shades of black and grey with a bit of a pop for the mohair silk. Fade from light to dark with a complimentary colour for the mohair silk. Bright? Subdued? I think I might pick the mohair silk first and then the colours that look good with it.
Plump
Bubble
Gossip

These three are calling to me. I will dream about colours over the weekend and come up with something on Tuesday. My Comfort Fade Cardi and Espe should be finished by next weekend. That means it's time to start something new.

No comments: