Sale Saturday September 14th

Friday, July 19, 2024

Woven Checks Shawl

Diana dropped by this afternoon with a new store sample. This is Stephen West’s Woven Checks Shawl (pattern purchased on Ravelry). The shawl is so beautiful. It is soft and drapey. 
Select one solid or semi-solid main color and one self-striping contrast color to knit this sideways triangle shawl. Begin at the small tip of the shawl and work increases toward the border as you only work with one color at a time. Stripes and slip stitches form the woven checks motif, creating the illusion of the self-striping yarn weaving in and out of the garter ridges. I-cord edges frame the large shawl shape. You can easily customize the size by knitting more pattern repeats for a large shawl or simply bind off early for a smaller shawl size. This pattern includes videos linked throughout the instructions to help you cast on and bind off, making this project ideal for beginner shawl knitting.
Diana used 2 skeins of Emma’s Practically Perfect Sock (Mom Jeans) and 1.5 balls of Crazy Zauberball in 1699. Diana knit (on 3.5mm needles) until she ran out of Practically Perfect Sock.



After I took pictures it was time to head home. I grabbed balls of yarn to bring home so that I could share colour combinations with you. I left that bag on the cash desk - I’ll try and get pictures tomorrow.

Here are some pictures from my supplier. Any colour of Crazy will make an amazing shawl.

Dad, Beth and the dogs are enjoying their time at the cottage. I’m going to head up tomorrow afternoon after I close the store.

No comments: