Sale Saturday September 14th

Sunday, July 28, 2024

Fading Colours

Marion Bullin (Mabuli Designs) has a new pattern that you can purchase on Ravelry.
NOLISPY is a variation of my „YPSILON“ shawl. YPSILON (which is the german word for the letter „Y“) was knit from the inside out with fading colours. NOLISPY – which is YPSILON read backwards – is worked the other way round => from the outside in stripes with a fluffy and a self-striping yarn.  
Because of this you can make it your own size. You stop knitting sections 1 and 2 (which are the same) when your desired wingspan is reached. You can use any weight of yarn with any gauge.  
For my original sample I used four balls of Schoppel Edition 3 and two skeins of Frida Fuchs Dufte Lace - appr. 600 m / 660 yards each. 




The fluffy yarn that Marion used is the same base as Emma’s Suri Silk. 

The boxes from Biches & Buches have been unpacked and the website is updated.

We used Le Petit Lambswool - 3 balls of Soft Gold and 2 balls of Dark Blue Black. Diana had very little left of the Dark Blue Black so if you are worried about running out I would suggest 3 and 3. The shawl is beautiful!

We finally have the colours of Le Petit Lambswool back in stock.






Kits for Yvonne MT are available online.

I went down another rabbit hole yesterday afternoon. Biches & Buches has updated their yarn photos so I started to update the website. Le Petit Lambswool is finished and now onto the rest. 

I began my post yesterday afternoon but was tired when I got home. It was a great day in the store (thanks to everyone who visited) but I needed to sit, knit and watch the Olympics. Today was a lazy day. Watching the Olympics and knitting and having a nap. Now to order pizza for dinner (dad and Beth are still at the cottage and I don’t feel like cooking) and more knitting.

No comments: