Sale Saturday September 14th

Wednesday, July 31, 2024

My Framed

This happened on Saturday evening. I’m knitting Andrea Mowry’s Framed. I’m using Biches & Buches Le Lambswool in Dark Green Grey and Grey Beige. My Dream State is Close Call. The pattern is very enjoyable. I love fair isle and the chart is easy to follow. There are only a few rows where you need to catch your floats. I need to finish a few more rows and then the pattern will really show up. 




Yesterday was supposed to be a relaxing day of knitting and a bit of paperwork. Plans went out the window and I was dad’s driver for the day. It’s all good - Beth had work to do. After dinner we sat down to watch the swimming that we taped earlier in the day. I was able to knit but then I didn’t feel like writing a post. My fingers were flying and I was enjoying the pattern.

Stephen West has a new sock pattern that you can purchase on Ravelry. These are the Wooly Waffle Socks.
Choose three colors of fingering weight sock yarn and fade them together for this textured sock. This pattern is knit top-down with an easy-to-knit knit & purl motif. The instructions include notes to help you fade three colorways together, but feel free to use as many shades as you like. Video links are included to help you cast on, work the heel flap, and bind off with the Kitchener stitch technique. Enjoy this simple relaxing sock project as your beautiful hand-dyed colors shine!
Photos © Stephen West

I’m early tonight. Beth is doing errands and then bringing home dinner. I need to knit after we eat. I can’t stop!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie Were you able to do the draw for the needle kit yesterday or did I miss the winners name?

I really dont know how you are doing everything you need to - I know that I am struggling with this also during my recovery.

All the best to you and your family.

Lynda Franczek