Friday, February 12, 2021

Waiting for Spring

Pretty spring colours on this cold snowy day. This is a brand new yarn from Urth Yarns called Galatea. 

Captured from daydream landscapes. We welcome this bulky weight cotton as soft as your favorite faded Tee and just as comfortable.

Self-striping colorways created by our artisans in Turkey - this line is sure to please.

Perfect for a baby blanket or coverup, join us as we welcome this new yarn to our line just in time for Summer knitting, crochet and weaving.

This is a picture from the Urth website. The pattern is called BelBel goes Big and you can purchase it on Ravelry

When I saw the yarn one pattern came to mind. Andrea Mowry’s Nightshift in two colours. I would knit it on large needles so that it is looser than the wool version. It would be something airy to wear out on a summer evening when you know the air conditioning is going to be chilly.

Monday is a holiday and I will spend the day updating the website and adding this yarn. I will also add the rest of our Hedgehog, Madelinetosh and Sweetgeorgia orders. I thought I would have time today but we had lots of orders for Striped Turtle Toes and I was busy packing.
My shawl is growing. Mindless knitting is making me happy.

The snow is very pretty but we’ve had enough for this winter 😘 Warmer weather can come back now.

No comments: