Saturday, December 19, 2020

Waves

I’ve been working on something for a few weeks. There haven’t been pictures because I wanted to get far enough for you to see how the colours are playing out. I’m knitting Stephen West’s Painting Waves Shawl (pattern purchased from Stephen) with tosh merino light and a Freia Minikin Palette Pack. My colours are Oak and Cabochon.

This fingering weight shawl is knit sideways starting at the little edge and increasing toward the wide edge. One main color is featured throughout all the garter stitch stripes. Eight contrast colors are used for painting the waves in stockinette stitch. The stitches are very easy to knit with I-cord edges framing the wavy triangular shape. This design is perfect for using mini skeins, leftover bits of fingering weight yarn, or self-striping yarns.

This is the minikin kit that I am using. I should have taken a picture of the box rearranged for my colour order. My first ball was left column in the middle. My second ball is top row middle. My third will be the very middle ball knit from the middle - turquoise to turquoise. I have it worked out so that my colours should blend from one ball to the next.

The pattern is well written and easy to follow. Once you get going it’s pretty mindless.


I had many panicked phone calls today from customers worried about the lockdown. Don’t worry - we can still do curbside pickup. I will be in the store Monday - Wednesday from 10-3 this week and Thursday 10-1. Lots of time to pick up yarn for knitting over the holidays.

I tracked our boxes of Della Q bags and now they are scheduled for Tuesday December 29th. I’m sorry to those who wanted it for Christmas. If you were sitting on the fence about the bags as a gift, you can purchase a gift card and give it with a picture and the lucky recipient can get the bag just after Christmas.

A few more delivery updates - Addi turbo needles should be in the store on Tuesday or Wednesday. There is a shipment of Knitters Pride needles that should be arriving on Monday.

I think I forgot to mention that our box arrived from Hedgehog Fibres. There has been a restock of Hedgehog Sock. Some colours are missing but we should have those in the new year.

Now it’s time to knit and watch football. 

No comments: