Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Chevrons

 Jen Steingass has a new pattern. Meet the Recollect cowl.

This easy moebius cowl is knit in the round in a tube. Alternating garter and stockinette stitch chevrons create an interesting texture and create a squishy, warm fabric. The colorwork pattern is easy to knit and memorize, making this a great introduction to stranded knitting. This is a great stash buster project and it works equally well with fingering or sport weight yarn. While my version uses 5 different colors, you can also use as few as 2, or even knit every single chevron in a different color if you have a lot of scraps on hand. I hope you have fun choosing your colors, knitting, and wearing this cowl!
You can purchase the pattern on Ravelry.
Jen suggests fingering or sport weight yarn. This could be another project for your scraps.


I’m trying really hard to write more but it’s bedtime. My phone rang at 5 this morning. It was the alarm company from Myrtle Beach. It turned out to be nothing but I didn’t really get back to sleep. Then at 8am the electrician came because we need our panel upgraded. I have something coming in the new year that plugs in in the garage. We thought it might be here this week but I found out today it hasn’t left the US yet.

I quickly went back to find pictures dated December 16th. These are from 2018. My first Nightshift in Noro Ito.
It wouldn’t take much convincing to talk me into knitting this again. 😘

No comments: