Monday, December 21, 2020

Kathmandu

We received 4 colours of Kathmandu Aran from the Queensland Collection today. The yarn is amazing!

Kathmandu Aran is an unusually soft and smooth tweed blend with a luxurious merino, silk and cashmere fiber blend made in Italy. This lovely yarn comes in big 100 gram skeins and big 100 gram hanks with 208 yards of scrumptious yarn. Katmandu Aran knits and crochets to make gorgeous heirloom quality garments and accessories and can also be used for weaving.

Fiber Content: 85% Wool, 10% Silk and 5% Cashmere.

Yardage: 190m (208 yards) in each 100 gram skein.

Knitting Gauge: 4-4.5 Stitches to an inch on U.S. size 7-9 needles (4.5-5.5 mm).



I took a picture of the purple but it came out too bright. This better represents the colour. 

Why did I order this yarn? It’s beautiful and I have a pattern in mind. Andrea Mowry’s Honey Moss.

Our sample was knit in Universal Deluxe Worsted Tweed which I really like but I can’t wait to see the shawl in the wool/cashmere/silk blend. We used 5 balls for the shawl.

You will need 5 skeins of the Kathmandu Aran.



We received a restock of Knitters Pride needles today. Dreamz Interchangeable sets are back in stock.
We also received the Chunky Interchangeable Set. These are 9mm, 10mm and 12mm tips. The tips will fit on any Knitters Pride cords including the new Mindful cords.
I just made it to the third minikin on my shawl. I would take a picture but Beth is baking and the table is filled with cookie tins. I’ll get one tomorrow.

No comments: