Saturday, October 24, 2020

Le Petit Lambswool

 
I borrowed these pictures from Biches & Buches Instagram feed. What a gorgeous sweater.

kareno / 枯野 is a boxy, cabled pullover worked from the top down. Front and back are worked separately at first, then joined at the underarm to be worked in the round down in one piece. After a lateral braid worked above the hem, the body is divided again and the front and back ribbings are worked back and forth. Sleeves sts are picked up around the arm opening and worked in the round to the cuff, then worked back and forth. The pullover can be worn WS out. Enjoy different faces of cables. kareno / 枯野 means dry winter grass filed in Japanese.

The pattern calls for Le Petit Lambswool - 2 strands held together.



We should see an order from Biches & Buches later this week with brand new colours of Le Petit Silk & Mohair and Le Petit Lambswool. 


While I was on their website I saw this great cardigan.

The cardigan is worked flat in pieces from the bottom up and the sleeves are sewn together. It is worked in stocking stitch and has a lace motif on the upper part of the body. The sleeves are extra wide and 3/4 length.

We have made a version with buttons/buttonholes and a version without. Follow the instructions for the version that you prefer.


There are brand new combinations and more will be added this week. I love Dyed in the Wool but there can be a big difference in the skeins. I want the website to show the actual colours you will be getting if you purchase the kit. I can’t offer the exact same kit in every size - we might only have one skein of a colour of Dyed in the Wool. If you see a colourway you like but need a different size, please contact me. If I have enough skeins I will make you a kit. If I can’t make the kit exactly the same I will send you pictures of a kit that is very close.

Now I’m going to put my feet up and knit. Skylights is growing. The body and sleeves have been divided and the body is 4” long. I need to knit to 12”. Hopefully this week. 

No comments: