Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Binding Off

I’m working on Spark tonight. 

The body is finished on Skylights and I need to bind off. Tanis asks for a tubular bind off. I haven’t done this before so I think it should be an afternoon, I’m wide awake chore.

I’ve read over Tanis’ instructions quickly and it reminds of grafting. I don’t think it is going to be hard but I dread the phone ringing when I’m halfway through and losing my place.

Here is Very Pink’s video for the tubular bind off.

Laura Aylor has a new pattern called Annie’s Song and you can purchase it on Ravelry.

There are 21 color bands in the throw and 14 in the baby blanket. For the throw, each band takes about 110 yards; for the baby blanket each band takes about 80 yards. The first band takes slightly more yardage - about 5%.

I first became aware of hand-knitting when I noticed a beautiful afghan that my mother had knit before I was born. It’s probably the reason I asked her to teach me how to knit and I’ve always been drawn to similar stitch patterns. I had a bin full of single skeins of worsted-weight yarn begging to be knit into an afghan, so I reverse engineered my Mom’s (since I could never find the pattern), made a couple of small adjustments, and Annie’s Song is the result. I loved knitting this. It’s mostly just stockinette and it was so much fun playing with colors. I hope you’ll enjoy it too! (Mom kept hers in a jelly roll on the couch. I had no idea until I found it in a closet recently that it was 10 feet long! I wish I’d discovered this while she was still around to ask about it!)

Laura used Cascade 220 but any worsted weight yarn will work



Earlier this week I showed you pictures of new bags coming in November. Here are a few more pictures of the Backpack.

When I described the bags to Lynn her eyes lit up. I forwarded the email to Beth and she has picked her bag. 

I’m not a patient person - I want my bag/bags now! 😘





Someone is having their hair cut on Friday. No more fluffy puppy.

No comments: