Thursday, October 15, 2020

Happy Birthday

Andrea Mowry has another new pattern. Meet Sparky. I’m not sure if she sleeps. 
As I was knitting the Spark Cardigan, I knew the motif would make a beautiful round yoke pullover! So as soon as I bound off my cardi, this pullover hopped on my needles. Sparky is knit from the top down with and I added cute pockets, because - POCKETS!

Photos © Andrea Mowry


Andrea used a sport weight wool with Dyed in the Wool from Spincycle. She lists alternate yarns and one she suggests is Juniper Moon Patagonia Organic Merino. I placed an order this morning for the yarn and we should have it next week.

These are the shades that are coming. As soon as they arrive I will put together combinations mixing it with Dyed in the Wool. I have some thoughts already of great pairings. The Patagonia Organic Merino will be around $20 a skein and you need the same number of skeins as the pattern calls for.

We have an order coming next week from Madelinetosh. There will be a restock of tosh sport which will also work for Sparky.

-Eleven Dark

-Hepburn

-Patagonia

-Pebble

-Star Scatter Solid

-Dustweaver

-Killing Me Softly

-Star Scatter

-Prairie Fire

-Good Silence



Lynn is making progress on her Ranunculus. She is using Old Soul Fiber Soul Slub and Soul Single. So far she has used less than one skein of each. She has two of each so she will be able to knit the sweater a good length and knit sleeves. The colours are not pooling which can be a concern with hand dyed yarns. And it is so soft.

Today is Boscoe’s first birthday. It’s been a year. Most of it good but there has been a few trying moments. He likes expensive yarn. Show him a ball of Spincycle or Hedgehog and he’s all over it. Thankfully he doesn’t like shoes.

It’s time for Big Brother and knitting. I was supposed to have something to show you tonight but I didn’t get far enough. Tomorrow night.

No comments: