Friday, October 30, 2020

Happy Friday

Jenn Steingass (knit.love.wool) has another new sweater. What a great fall to be a knitter. There are so many new patterns.

Slowing down and appreciating the simple things has been important this year, so I decided to design something representative of my surroundings close to home. Just down the street, there is a beautiful house with wrought iron cresting along the roof, and Alden is my knitted rendition of it. The name Alden means wise friend.

This pullover starts from the top down and is worked seamlessly and in the round. Options for a ribbed or simple, slightly rolled neckline are included. Short rows are worked to shape the neckline, then the colorwork yoke is worked. Options and instructions for a 2 or 3 color yoke are provided. The body and sleeves are separated and worked from the top down and colorwork cuffs are finished with an applied icord. Alden is suitable for either fingering or sport weight yarn.

You can purchase the pattern for Alden on Ravelry. 

Jenn’s patterns are well written and are size inclusive.


You have many, many choices. 


Take a look at this Alden on Ravelry. The knitter used Dyed in the Wool for the colourwork. The colour is Verba Volant and it is gorgeous. Verba Volant has never been on my radar but after seeing it knit up it is now a colour I would use.

Here are some more pictures of the Maker’s Roll Top coming at the end of November.
I’m not a green person but this colour is talking to me. When I can travel again (2022??) it will be great for carrying my knitting on the plane.






The kettle has boiled and it’s time for a few rows of knitting and tea before bed.

No comments: