Monday, October 19, 2020

Black Mountain Cowl

I saw a fun, new cowl pattern on Instagram last night. This is the Black Mountain Cowl (pattern purchased on Ravelry) by Laura Tabbut. It is knit with Woolstok and a Woolstok Bundle. Take a look at Laura’s Instagram page for more pictures.



Laura has a cheat sheet for selecting colours. This makes life a lot easier.

I spent a few hours in the store this morning packing orders. I couldn’t find a bag of yarn and did some digging. I found Noro Tokonatsu. (I did find the bag of yarn that I was looking for). One full bag each of 4 different colours. The yarn is gorgeous. It is a blend of cotton, silk and viscose.

A delicious wool-free Aran weight yarn that will knit up into a soft, tweed, tone on tone fabric. A true classic everyone can work with and wear.

It is on the website for a great price. This yarn would be perfect for Skylights. You can add in a solid kidsilk colour or a handdyed colour.


I thought I was finished my shaping last night and then reread the pattern. I have six more rows to go.😂 I hope to finish those tonight - we have two football games.

No comments: