Wednesday, November 06, 2019

Mission

Beth flew to Florida this morning for a few days to visit friends. Her flight was at 8am so she (and I) were up at 4. Dad picked her up at 5 and I got an hour of rest until I needed to get up and on my way to work. Yes, I'm tired.

I was here early for an appointment to see spring yarns and needles. Lykke has a new needle set coming out for Christmas. These are laminated bamboo needles. The sets will be available in 5" or 3.5" tips.

There will be 4 brand new colours of Noro Akari for spring. I can't wait!



Alex knit the Nightshift with two colours of Akari. I think you will be able to guess which colour I will be knitting with 😘.

We will be stocking Malabrigo Rasta again. I did an order this afternoon and should know in the next few days when it will be here. There are 17 colours in my order.
A lightly-fulled single-ply yarn of magnum proportions! Whip out a super-cozy accessory in just hours with this super-sized delight of a yarn. Our premium Uruguayan merino is just as soft as ever, and Rasta comes in a range of our unique “watercolor multi” colorways as well as a rainbow of semi-solid basics. Unbelievably squishy, this is the yarn to turn to when you want the ultimate in warmth (or the ultimate in speed!)

I also ordered 10 colours of Rios.
Soft, strong, and washable, this 4-ply yarn is our workhorse! The plies help resist pilling and washability makes it fantastic for frequently-worn garments, housewares, and children and baby clothes. And like all our yarns, it’s super soft and great for next-to-the-skin wear! Spun from our premium superwash merino, it comes in an array of watercolor-multi, semi-solid, and variegated colorways.


We’re a group of dedicated staff and volunteers passionate about reducing poverty and restoring dignity to people who have been socially or financially marginalized.
I received a phone call this afternoon from Mission Services in Hamilton. They are desperate for knit hats, scarves and mittens. I asked them to email me a bit of information that I could share here.

This year we are expecting to prepare a Christmas program for more than 1500 adults and more than 1000 children.  We will provide a food hamper, toys for children and small gifts for the adults. 
We also aim to provide warm winter clothing to our clients who frequently are in need of hats, scarves and mittens.  I would be very grateful if you are aware of any groups or individuals who make hand-crafted clothing and are able to pass along this request. 
If you are able to knit a hat or two to donate that would be amazing. You can drop them off at the store and we will get them to Mission Services. You can also drop them off at 196 Wentworth Street North, Hamilton.

If you live out of town, please consider donating a hat or scarf to a program in your area.

I cast on a hat and will finish tonight while watching Survivor. I have more yarn with me to cast on another one.
The pattern is The Big Hat (free on Ravelry) and I'm using a wool/acrylic blend that we have on sale in the store. Now to knit. I'm on a mission.

No comments: