Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Felted Christmas Stocking

I visited my friend Trish today and she washed the grey out of my hair. It gave me time to cast on a new project.
Yes, another Nightshift. I am using Noro Ito in colours 16 and 17. It is the perfect project for knitting on the plane because I have the pattern memorized. It also makes for good pictures. A one coloured garment doesn't add much excitement until it is finished. I can take a picture of this every day and it will look different.

Someone asked today about my Felted Christmas Stocking pattern. You can find it in a very old blog post. I wrote this pattern 12 years ago. Yikes. This is an old blog post. You need 3 balls of Noro Kureyon and 7mm needles. You can knit the stocking in Ito too. If you are going to felt it then I would suggest 8mm needles. When I get home I will try it with Ito on a smaller needle to see how it would look without felting.

Dad and Beth have been busy watching puppy cam. Every time dad walks in the house he asks Beth to bring it up on the computer. So far Beth has taken interest in two puppies. Her first choice is brown and white. The other is cream. His name (both are boys) is going to be Boscoe. That was the name of my dad's pet calf when he first came to Canada. It will be fun to watch in a few weeks when they start running around and playing.

1 comment:

Lois Evensen said...

The Noro colors are beautiful for Fall. Oh, the possibilities!