Tuesday, October 01, 2019

New Patterns

Seacross is a seamless sweater knitted from the top down with a stunning five-colour yoke. The pattern includes two sets of instructions for the colourwork: one for knitters who are comfortable stranding several colours at once and one with swiss darning instructions for those who are less comfortable. Lore creates a light and lofty fabric that blooms beautifully when washed – perfect for colourwork!
Pattern: Seacross (purchased on Ravelry)
Yarn: The Fibre Co. Lore

I finished my swatch for Camp last night and did it in Lore. The yarn is beautiful to knit with.

Bowness is a classic raglan sweater knitted top down in the round. The body features a grid-like knit/purl texture whilst the sleeves are in simple stockinette. Our Donegal tweed Arranmore adds gorgeous depth of colour and nubby texture to this wardrobe staple. 
Pattern: Bowness (purchase the pattern on Ravelry)
Yarn: The Fibre Co. Arranmore

I have knit a garment in Arranmore and LOVE this yarn. You can't go wrong with Donegal tweed.
Last night I finished the swatch for my class. Now I need to finish the notes. I thought I would lull you with pretty pictures and then you wouldn't realize that I didn't write anything tonight.😘

Beth and I are heading up north tomorrow morning. There isn't a big rush. Except for the fact that Beth is expecting Webers for lunch on our way. If you don't know about Webers, it was the place to stop on the way to the cottage when we were kids. It's been around forever! Since 1963 - I googled it. Stopping brings back great memories of our childhood.

No comments: