Friday, September 06, 2019

Time for a new project

Guthrie has been soaked in Soak and is lying out to dry. I went back to my Log Cabin Afghan while I decide on my next project.

Do you follow Spincycle Yarns on Instagram? Rachel posted this awesome sweater a few weeks ago and I like her modifications. I love her knitting rule even more. Truly something to live by. Rachel was the one who got me looking at Biches & Buches.


Joji's new pattern, the Farm Twist Jacket (pattern purchased on Ravelry) is gorgeous. I love cables.
Photos ©Joji Locatelli
This is my ode to cables, boxy sweaters, cropped jackets and women of all ages and sizes and shapes. 
This pattern took a lot of work. Both to knit and to design. In my mind, I wanted to have a cable running down the shoulder with a lot of cascading stitches, slowly transforming into vines and bobbles and branches… 
But as I was knitting my own sample I realized that when grading this pattern to my usual size range I’d have to treat each shoulder and each size differently. I had always pictured this as an all-over cabled jacket, so I would need more cables and different arrangements for the larger sizes. Therefore each size would require different instructions, since the whole body is knit in one piece. 
To be honest, writing it probably took longer than knitting it… But it was absolutely worth it. 
This is another one of my patterns that I present you with pride and joy. I hope you will like it!

I can picture this cardigan in Arranmore Light from The Fibre Co.
Tweed and cables. What a great combination.

I stayed up way too late last night watching a very bad football game. It's bed time now. No knitting tonight which makes me sad but no sleep makes me grumpy so sleep wins.

No comments: