Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Fair Isle is cool again.

We have three new colours of Uneek Worsted from Urth Yarns. I used two skeins each of two colours (4006 and 4009) to make the Nightshift. The yarn is super soft and the shawl drapes beautifully.
4017
Each skein is a work of art.
A truly unique self-striping hand dyed merino collection of vibrant colours.
100% Extrafine Merino
Machine Washable
200m/220 yards
100 gram skein
4018
One skein is enough to make a hat.
4019

Minikins from Friea Fibres are finally on the way to us. We should have them in the store next week.
​Fiber: Custom spun, single ply 100% US mulesing-free Merino
Care: Hand Wash
Ball Size: Nine x 25g/.88 oz - 98 meters/107 yards ​- 963 yards total
Gauge: 20-28 sts/28-36 rows over 4” on US3 (3.25mm) - US7 (4.5mm) needles
There will be sets of 9 balls and we will have individual balls. 

These two colours would make an awesome brioche hat. I'm thinking Andrea Mowry's Harlow (pattern purchased on Ravelry).
Photos ©Andrea Mowry
When I cast on this hat, my intention was to design my ideal, go-to hat pattern. A perfect jumping off point for beginner briochers to try on their newly acquired skills - this hat is great for any gender or age, and the color possibilities are infinite! We all need a dependable hat pattern right?? This is the pattern I know I can depend on for stash busting, wardrobe enhancing, or a quick gift for someone I love!




Sarah is a bit obsessed with her Carlina. She has already picked out two more colour work sweater patterns for when this sweater is finished.

I don't have enough knit for pictures. Hopefully tomorrow. Beth is laughing at us knitting fair isle sweaters. The first sweater I knit was with Lopi when I was 15. Here is the second sweater I knit.
Patons Shetland Chunky. I think everyone who knit 35 years ago made this sweater. Now we do short rows to make the neck fit better and a lot of the sweaters are knit from the top down not bottom up. Other than that the techniques are the same.

No comments: