Wednesday, September 04, 2019

Knitters' Fair

The big question - What are we taking to the Knitters' Fair? I'm not going to show everything at once. This way I have pretty pictures for the next week and a half. And I keep changing my mind daily. The list hasn't been finalized.
We will have two different samples of Navelli in the booth. One knit in Mrs. Crosby Satchel and the other knit in Donegal Cottage Tweed Sock. Navelli is designed by Caitlin Hunter (you might know her as Boyland Knitworks) and you can purchase the pattern on Ravelry. This is Caitlin's version. Our samples are totally different.
Navelli is a relaxed lightweight summer sweater, knit in the round from the bottom up and featuring colorwork at the body hem and folded sleeves with a tiny peek of contrast color for visual and structural interest. The front and back are separated at the armholes and worked flat with short row shaping at the shoulders. Named for an ancient town in Italy, known as the land of crocuses and saffron, this sweater is the third in my “Knitaly” series of designs (following Tegna and Marettimo). 
This sweater is designed to fit with 4-15” of positive ease, depending on your preferred fit. Sample shown on is a size 4 with 13” of positive ease at the bust and 2” of positive ease at the sleeve. Please see the schematic for full fit information.

The new stitch markers were well received and the Sheep Locking Stitch Markers are sold out. Don't worry - more are leaving BC tomorrow and we should have them in time for the Fair. If you aren't coming to the Fair, Cathy will have them in the store as well.

Here is the show layout. I can't make this any bigger but you can go to the Knitters' Fair website to see a version that is easier to read. We are in our regular spot - booths 14-16.


I haven't talked about The Amazing Race Canada but last night's episode was epic. I won't say anymore in case you haven't watched yet. From good TV to bad - Big Brother is on soon and I need to sit and knit. I made it to the ribbing on my second sleeve. Once that is finished I'm going to block it and then do the ribbing on the body. I want to make sure it is long enough.

No comments: