Thursday, September 12, 2019

Prizes

Today was the day. We did the draw for the winners of our Joji KAL. Everyone's name was put into a bag and Alex drew them out.

The shawl pictured is called Washed Out and Kathy knit it. I'm showing it for two reasons - I love the colours Kathy chose and Kathy was one of our winners.

The winners have been emailed or messaged on Ravelry. What were the prizes?

  1. Two skeins of Mrs. Crosby Train Case in the new colour Waltz
  2. Two skeins of Wool Local from Erika Knight
  3. A Fino mini skein kit
  4. A Gleener travel kit
  5. A $25 gift certificate to the store

We are as ready as we are going to be for the Knitters' Fair. We'll pack the van in the morning and head to Kitchener to set up in the afternoon. Guthrie is finished - almost. There are a few more ends to sew in. Lynn and Alex did a good job today of getting most of them done.

I was ready to sign off and saw this sweater.
Photos ©Caitlin Hunter
Caitlin Hunter's Ghost Horses. The pattern is free on Ravelry until September 14 at 11:59pm EST.
Ghost Horses is a top-down circular yoke sweater featuring all-over stranded colorwork. This sweater was a dream I have had in my mind for a few years; I love the ring of horses galloping across the yoke, and the fading colors of Spincycle’s Dirty Little Secret against their solid light grey Wilder was the perfect match for my western dream sweater! The pattern is written to be easily customizable in sleeve and body length. Options are given for short or long sleeves (or elbow length, like mine!) 
As always, the yarn listed is just a suggestion! I love Spincycle and highly recommend it, but you can substitute any yarn that you can get gauge with and like the fabric created! Please feel free to join my Ravelry group to chat more about my patterns, mods and yarn substitutions!
The sweater is knit in a sport weight yarn with Dyed in the Wool. It's in my library and I'm considering it for my next project. Now it's time for bed!

No comments: