Tuesday, September 24, 2019

A new project

Mr. Canada Post brought in a big box from Freia Fibres this morning that included Minikins. These are so cute. We have different colour combinations of 9 packs that include the pattern for the Brimfield Scarf.



Tina who owns Freia Fibres is travelling right now and took a 9 pack with her to make a stunning shawl.
I borrowed these pictures from Tina's blog. The pattern is called Linientreu and you can purchase it on Ravelry.

Tina is using a 9 pack with a Yarn Bomb. We don't have the Ebony that she is using but we have great colours. You can also use any fingering weight for the outline.

From the designer Ute Nawratil
I designed ‘Linientreu’ with the intention to find an alternative way to use yarns with short gradients (I can never resist to buy those!) without getting too many horizontal stripes. 
’Linientreu’ (’In Line’) is a semicircular shawl, alternating equilateral triangles and simple garter stitch rows. The triangle modules are joined by knitting (no sewing necessary!) The right triangles at the border edge result from short rows. 
You can use any yarn with short gradients.
Of course I bought the pattern. For the contrast colour (Tina is using the Ebony) you only need 205m. That gives you lots of options. I think I might be casting on tonight. Just the first triangle. Just to try out the new yarn.

You know when you pack for a trip and you always pack too much? That is my Camp packing. We might need __________. I'm sure we will need ________. Beth and I are trying to get everything in the van so that we only take one vehicle. I'm fairly sure we've surpassed the van's capacity. Lynn is going to Camp and has offered the trunk of her car but I think we've surpassed that as well. We have four boxes of garments. Four boxes of door prizes. Our suppliers are very generous. Two boxes for the goodie bags. Beth and I will assemble them at Camp on Wednesday evening. This saves on space but not enough. I'm going to ship up two large boxes of kits for the mini yarn shop. I think that will give us enough room. I'm taking a few things out as well. We might not need ________.

No comments: