Thursday, May 12, 2016

Lamina Wrap

My shawl is growing. I'm going to have to work to get it finished in time for TNNA (a trade show where yarn shop owners go to buy yarn and accessories) in June. I am addicted to the Frabjous Fibers mini skein kits. So addicted that I just placed another order. The first five colours in my shawl are from a one of a kind kit. I talked with the company and they are dying kits just for us. There is also a new kit colour ordered.
And then the neatest thing. Think of what fun you could have with this.
It's the rainbowload of Mini Skeins, oh yes. Four of our popular Mini Skein Packs are combined into one enormous, beautiful rainbow for a full-spectrum knitting experience! Twenty 1-oz Mini Skeins: combine them all for a large project, or spread them out over several smaller projects. The possibilities are truly endless!
Cheshire Cat fingering: 128 yards per 1 oz. skein, 2560 yards total

We have a new limited edition colour of Alegria sock yarn.

40 years ago the Peacock family opened Estelle Designs. They distribute Manos del Uruguay yarns in Canada and Manos has dyed a special limited edition colour to celebrate their milestone. The colour - Peacock - is beautiful but won't be available for long.

I was very excited when we pulled in from the airport last night. I thought that the builder was starting on our front yard. Were we finally getting grass? No, Luke left his backhoe so that he could start work on the driveway this morning.
The whole driveway will be dug up, refilled and tamped down properly.

Dad had all the locates done (it looks like kids were playing with spray paint on our driveway) but when I left for work they were worried about where the water line runs into the house. I hope that they don't hit it :)

No comments: