Thursday, April 04, 2013

Shoes

I started on Shadow last night. I didn't get as far as I would have liked (wanted to get to the black) but hopefully tonight.
Not much to show you right now. Just garter stitch.

It's nice to have a garter stitch project on the go for those evenings when you don't want to think. Or count.

I'm having a hard time writing tonight. I'm texting with two people, playing a game on my iPad and trying to type. Not going well. I'm trying to concentrate on each chore but I don't think it's working.

The first clue arrived this afternoon for the Sunstruck KAL. If you are interested in joining you will find it on Ravelry.
I wore these shoes to work today and picked my colours for Sunstruck to match them. (There is a bit of shoe theme happening this week.) Yes the colours are very boring for me but sometimes you have to use colours you normally wouldn't.

tosh merino light
from the left
-whiskers
-weathered frame (this colour was sent in error but I really like it)
-whiskey barrel

We might as well stay on the shoe theme and talk about some new sock yarns that we have in the store.

Opal-the original printed sock yarn. You don't have to do any work. Just knit and the pattern happens. One ball (100grams) is enough to make a ladies pair of socks.





And then a little surprise. I've kept this a secret for a long time. We have a shipment of sock yarn coming from Zen Yarn Garden early next week. This is a picture that was taken before the box was packed.
All skeins completely one-of-a-kind (OOAK). Most have several layers of colour on them and will definitely not be repeated again.

Serenity 20
70% Superwash Merino/20% Cashmere/10% Nylon
3-Ply Fingering Weight
Approx. 400 yards (100 g)
Suggested Needle: 1-3 (US)
Washing: Machine/Hand Wash (Cold) | Dry Flat
 
Serenity Silk Single
75% Superwash Merino/15% Cashmere/10% Silk
Single Ply Fingering Weight
Approx. 430 yards (100 g)
Washing: Hand Wash (Cold) | Dry Flat 
Did you know that we send out a separate newsletter about sock yarns? You can email me if you would like to receive these emails or you can click "Join The Needle Emporium Mailing List" in the top right hand corner of this page.

Now it's time to get knitting. At this rate I'm never getting to the black on Shadow.

No comments: