Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Fifty One Shades of Truth

My shawl has been finished for some time (since February) but I never posted a picture of it after blocking and sewing in the ends.
Pattern: All the Shades of Truth (purchased on Ravelry)
Yarn: Shepherd Sock from Lorna's Laces

Lorna's Laces introduced Shepherd Sock in 50 shades of grey. There are 5 different colour ways and each has 10 shades of grey. I used all 5 colours with charcoal as my border hence the Fifty One Shades.
Mr. Canada Post brought in the box from Zen Yarn Garden this morning.
Serenity 20
Serenity Silk Single

It was hard but I didn't take any home with me. Kim didn't take any either. I can't make that promise about tomorrow though. Neville (the business is a husband and wife team) did an amazing job with the colours. He wrote this in an email to me
The best part of doing OOAKs is winding them up and seeing the color combinations/mixings, Roxanne keeps telling me to keep winding and stop admiring the yarns, lol.
OOAK stands for one of a kinds. The colours we received can not be duplicated. Maybe something close but not exactly the same.

I heard from a few customers today that we are supposed to have bad weather on Thursday. I just looked it up on my iPad and there is a Winter Storm Watch. WHAT?? It's April. Can't we have nice sunny days? I don't need it to be hot (you can't wear a sweater if it's too hot) but if the sun came out then I would be happy.

I'm moving upstairs in a few minutes to watch Top Chef Canada. We taped it last night but couldn't watch because the basketball game was so good. Eos is waiting. Actually, I left Shadow at work so that I couldn't work on it tonight.

My sister just informed me that her Inspira Cowl is finished. Then she said 'I can cast it off if you are too busy.' That would be way too painful so I'm off to do it for her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your a good sister! Our shawl is very pretty.
What is Beth's next project for you too start? Lol


Theresa

Honey from the Bee said...

Your shawl is wonderful!

Those Zen colors are so scrumptious. I'd want to roll around in them. ; )