Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Magic Loop

A box has left Blue Sky Alpacas (fingers crossed it will be here next week) that has some very cute new patterns. The garments are available in 6 month - 5T.
Cameron Hoodie
Ready for a picnic after a morning of discoveries, Cameron tiptoes across the sandy beach in search of the perfect location. The cool breezes of early spring are no match for this comfy handknit hooded vest made from
organic cotton.
3-4 skeins of Worsted Cotton

Beatrice Top
Beatrice steps gingerly into the chilly water as she guides her bright red sailboat away from the shore. Her sweet handknit top made from organic cotton encourages long, carefree days at the beach.
3-4 skeins of Skinny Cotton
Harriet Dress
As she enjoys a visit to the lakeshore, Harriet pauses in her exploration of the shoreline to listen to the lap of the waves and the cry of the gulls. Her simple handknit dress made from organic cotton is soft and swingy—perfect for playing along the water’s edge!
2-4 skeins of Skinny Cotton
 Georgie Blanket
Gazing at the expanse of the lake, Georgie takes in the blue depths of the water while wriggling toes in the warmth of the golden sand. This organic cotton blanket wraps your little one in handknit love—it’s just right for drying off or falling off to dreamland!
6-7 skeins of Worsted Cotton

Someone's sister has been busy looking around on Ravelry. She decided that she wants to knit some monsters. Did I have Rebecca Danger's book The Big Book of Knitted Monsters? Can I bring it home with needles? I pulled out the book and looked at the patterns. She can handle it but will need to learn magic loop.

I found this video online and sent her the link.

I talked to her and she has watched not one, not two but three different videos. I think she has it. We will see tonight.

Mr. Canada Post brought in a box of Opal Sock yarn today. Kind of fitting with my discussion of Magic Loop.



I didn't get much knitting done last night. There was a small problem with Windward (sometimes knitting after 10pm isn't a smart idea) and I had to rip out a few rows. It's fixed now and I should be on my way tonight.

Hell's Kitchen. Something big is supposed to happen tonight. Never before in Hell's Kitchen history. I can't wait!!

I'm off to pack up needles, yarn and a book for my sister. I hope she lets me eat before we get down to knitting.

No comments: