Monday, January 11, 2021

Temperature

I’m not sure if you have noticed that a lot of people are making Temperature Blankets. What??? Take a look at Marly Bird’s blog post about Temperature Blankets.

From Marly

Temperature blankets are a snap shot of the weather over a given time period in a given area. They can be knit or crochet and there is no standard stitch pattern to be used.

I laid out some Woolstok in a combination that I think would work great. Now I need to go digging to find my list of colours.

Take a look on Ravelry - there are a lot of pattern ideas.

This is the combination that I am thinking about - Malabrigo Rios. Beth thinks that I need to add a few more colours.

I brought the yarn home for a picture and had some help.


Boscoe found the colour he likes. 
You can also make a scarf if a blanket seems like too much. I think that many of you will have colours of yarn in your stash that could be the start for your scarf. Add in a few colours and you will be set to go.

As I am writing another thought hit me. What about a scarf/shawl in Rowan Kidsilk Haze, Biches & Buches Le Petit Silk & Mohair, Shibui Silk Cloud and Pro Lana Kid Seta? That would be luxurious. For the number of stitches you can follow Kaffe Fassett’s Earth Stripe Wrap. He double strands the yarn for the shawl. You could double strand the same colour or make more temperature variations by double stranding different colours.

TIP - put each ball in it’s own freezer bag. You can write on the bag the colour number (in case you run out) and the temperature that the yarn is associated with.

There is an exciting shipment coming from Hedgehog next week. We will have Tweedy and Tweedy Noir. I will make this available on the website later this week for preorder.


There will also be a shipment coming from Madelinetosh very soon - we might see it on Friday.

Tosh DK

  • Rose
  • Saffron
  • Celadon
  • Calligraphy
  • Cousteau
  • Aura
  • Well Water
Vintage

  • Spectrum
  • Moonglow
  • Coquette Deux
  • Blood Runs Cold
  • Oak
  • Saffron
Merino Light

  • Thyme
  • Antler
  • Celadon
  • Winter Wheat
  • Smokestack
  • Heart Hands
  • Great Grey Owl
  • Moonglow
  • Eleven Dark
  • Elizabeth Taylor
  • Dirty Panther
  • Whiskey Barrel
  • Onyx
This is Heart Hands - a new colour.

Twist Light

  • Blood Runs Cold
  • Mars in Retrograde
  • Great Grey Owl
  • Charcoal
  • Dr. Zhivago’ s Sky
  • Onyx
Mars in Retrograde - this will make a great pair of socks.

I found my list of Woolstok colours - they all start with 13—
00
01
04
18
20
21
05
24
22
25
14
10
15
11

The Rios colours are 
Nimbus Gray
Tranquil
Illusion
Gris
Winter Lake
Zarzamora
Cowboy
Purpuras 
Sabaduria
Magenta

I’m heading to bed soon. It was a day. Hopefully I will be up early and able to finish my newsletter. Watch your inboxes because it will be sent out before the end of the week.

No comments: