Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Ambah O’Brien

This is Ambah O’Brien’s Melaleuca Shawl. It is one of the many patterns she debuted in 2020. Ambah wrote this in the newsletter she sent out today.

In the meantime, I am taking a few breaths and looking back over the 23 patterns I released over 2020 with a 20% off through midnight January 10 for my annual retrospective sale.
No code needed just add to your cart and you’ll see the discount when you checkout.

Find the 2020 bundle on Ravelry here and on Etsy here.

Combine classic stripes with lace for a relaxed shawl to enjoy year-round. Asymmetrical triangular shaping is easy to wear and so satisfying to knit. Choose boldly contrasting yarns or knit your Melaleuca up with a more subtle variegated yarn and solid colour combination as I did with mine. I loved knitting this as I moved to my new coastal home. The play of colours in this shawl echoes the dappling light in the lovely Melaleuca trees prevalent along the coast.


I have knit many of Ambah’s shawls and would highly recommend her patterns. The are well written and you will love the finished shawl.

A box went to Lynda today with some Kathmandu Aran. Lynda is going to knit another Honey Moss for me. I am in love with the shawl. This is #18 Seaweed.

We received two new colours today.

38 Rapini - a dark blue/green


02 Slate Grey

Here is the Honey Moss that Lynda has already knit for me. I know that the colours are similar but I’m okay with that. 

I made it into the fifth minikin on my Painting Waves Shawl. I will get pictures tomorrow in natural light. I would like to get a bit further into the ball to show the purple and pink that are coming.

Don’t forget that you have until noon tomorrow to take advantage of our Boxing Week promotion.
More gift cards were emailed out today and I hope to/should finish them tomorrow. 

No comments: