Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Ambah O'Brien

Mix a special gradient skein with stripes and lace for the ultimate bohemian shawl experience. Yemaya is a generous asymmetrical triangular wrap with multiple wearing possibilities. While Yemaya is designed to show of a gradient yarn, this shawl will work beautifully teaming a speckle, variegated or semi solid with your two contrasting skeins.
The Yemaya Shawl is the third pattern in the 2016 Chroma Collection.

The Yemaya lace is both charted and written. The lace requires concentration and will suit an intermediate knitter with some lace experience.
Lately I'm drawn to patterns by Ambah O'Brien - she is the designer of my current project - the Lamina Wrap. I get very excited to see one of her new shawls in my "your pattern highlights" section of Ravelry.
Hello from Australia! You’ll pretty much always find me dreaming about my next favourite shawl - the accessory I most love to design, knit and wear. Otherwise I’ll be wandering about my vegetable garden, nearby bush or perhaps a little escape to the beach.

With a background in painting, I have a passion for colour and interesting design.

I design contemporary knitwear patterns, with a nod to retro and geometric design. Patterns that are straight forward to follow and fun to wear.
I sent her a message today asking if I can share her amazing work with you. She replied right away (I love it when that happens). The hard part was picking which shawl to show first.

Pattern: Yemaya Shawl (purchased on Ravelry)

Measurements
Top Edge: 118” / 300 cm
Bottom Edge: 110” / 280 cm
Bind Off Edge: 45”/ 115 cm

Yarn
Fingering Weight / 4-ply:
Main Colour (MC): 382 yd / 349 m
Contrasting Colour 1 (CC1): 382 yd/ 349 m
Contrasting Colour 2 (CC2): 382 yd/ 349 m



You can sign up to receive email newsletters from Ambah.
Join me for a regular update from my knitting design world, with sneak peeks of my new designs, be the first to know about New Releases and enjoy special subscriber-only benefits.
In addition I look forward to sharing with you some of the inspiring and shiny things I discover. Expect to hear from me twice a month.
New Subscribers will enjoy a special pattern gift to get you started on your Ambah knitting journey.
You will receive a welcome e-mail with all the details after confirmation.

PS: Anytime you wish to stop receiving these e-mails, simply click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each message.
Wannietta send me a text today that she is ready for some knitting. Yarn for Yemaya could be on the way to her soon. But it might be yarn for another shawl. I have a great one picked out for tomorrow.

No comments: