Wednesday, December 04, 2019

Free Patterns from Rowan

I need a really fast project. This is the Kari Cowl knit with one skein of Freia Super Bulky on 10mm needles. I should get this finished while watching Survivor tonight.

Rowan has new patterns. You can purchase these on Ravelry or you can get the pattern free in the store when you purchase the yarn.
A simple slouch hat with applied embroidery after completion, knit in the round with yarns held together. 
Knit this accessory hat, a design by Lisa Richardson using the wonderfully soft, lightweight yarn Alpaca Classic (alpaca and cotton.) This toasty, pull on hat is adorned with embroidered snowflakes.
Canaan Hat

Canaan Cardigan

Leyland Shawl

Leyland Sweater

All these garments are knit with Rowan Alpaca Classic. We have 30 colours in stock.
With its fine weight and intense colour palette, Alpaca Classic is ideal for Fair Isle patterns and light but warm garments and accessories. Its feathery feel and romantic halo are created by filling delicate cotton mesh with luxurious alpaca fibres, resulting in a light weight yarn with incredible meterage and spectacular texture. Knitted on larger needles, it makes an exciting choice for lace patterns too.
The fireplace was going when we ate at Cracker Barrel. There is nothing nicer than a real fire. And it was so warm.
Lucy loves to be brushed. She sits like an angel until she's tired and then she falls over.

I texted this picture to Beth. Her reply was


I'm early tonight because I will be in bed early. I didn't get home until 2:30 this morning. Thank goodness I had a snow brush and boots in my car. I had a bit of snow to clear. I was able to start my car when I got out of customs from the app on my phone. At least some of the ice and snow was melted by the time I got to the car.

2 comments:

Knitter512 said...

Please tell me more about the app that starts your car. Thanks. Chris

Julie said...

Chris - it is the Ford app that starts my car. I drive an Edge.