Thursday, December 12, 2019

Ginny

Photos ©Andrea Mowry
Andrea Mowry has a new pattern out.
My Grandma Ginny taught me to knit when I was 9 years old. She is the reason I get to do what I love every single day. Her loss in 2018 was great, but the sorrow can’t stand up to the 35 years of joy she brought to my life and the gift of craft that she so generously shared with me. This sweater was designed in her memory, and I know she would have worn it proudly. 
You can purchase the pattern for Ginny on Ravelry.
It is hard to see all the details but a few of Andrea's test knitters used lighter, brighter colours. Take a look at the finished cardigans on Ravelry. Someone even did it as a fade and I really like how it looks.




Wannietta is looking for a project and I think I need this cardigan. Perfect timing! My yarn of choice is going to be Arranmore Light from The Fibre Co. I think. Wannietta isn't coming until Monday so I have time to decide. Loch Lomond is in the running as well.

She's home and making herself comfortable.

No comments: