Tuesday, October 09, 2018

Good Morning

I woke up this morning to exciting emails.

I sent a note to Anke at GarnStories over a year ago asking if we could order her beautiful hand dyed yarn. She didn't have room in her dye schedule for us. She sent me an email in August that she could fit me in. Our yarn is being dyed and we hope to see it in November.
GarnStories is a studio for hand-dyed yarns. 
GarnStories lauched in fall 2015, designed as an online shop for special yarns and fibres. I carefully selected my range according to my personal taste. The yarn, wool and fibre I wanted sell should be as natural as possible, beautifully (hand) dyed, ideally be produced sustainably.  
I worked as a editor and copywriter in advertising (mainly automobile) for many years and loved knitting in every spare minute. So, at one point in my life it was a natural transition to open a yarn shop (I think). But soon after the opening I wanted more. I was used to create. And I wanted my own yarn and my own colours. So it was the next logical step to bring out my own line of hand dyed yarns. 
It's my believe: with beautiful yarn you can tell beautiful stories. Thus the name GarnStories.
GarnStories Merino Singles is a single ply yarn that is hand coloured with love and passion.  
The Merino we use as base is beautifully soft and squishy. Light pilling may occur, because it is an only lightly twisted yarn.  
All the colours are light- and washfast. The dyes are applied by hand, or the skeins are kettle-dyed in small batches. Colours shift beautifully from one to another and create a variegated effect. There are no dye lots. The dye is applied randomly, that’s why no two skeins are exactly the same. 
The yardage is approximately 366m per 100g skein.











There will be 29 colours coming - 8 skeins of each.

Churchmouse Yarns and Teas reworked their Boyfriend Watch Cap pattern using two strands of Rowan Felted Tweed.

You can purchase the pattern on Ravelry or in the store.
Knit this cozy, deeply cuffed cap for him—and then borrow it back! It’s handsome worn turned up in a traditional nautical style, but we love it uncuffed and slouchy, too. We’ve made the ribbed cuff nice and deep so you can fold it a long way up without the wrong side of the stockinette stitch showing. Plus, this cap is a quick, satisfying knit! 
For this Boyfriend Watch Cap, we marled two colors of Rowan Felted Tweed together. One of our favorite yarns of all time, Felted Tweed is on the finer side of a DK-weight. It blends merino wool for softness and spring, with alpaca and viscose for drape, luster, and subtle stitch definition. And there are so many colors to play with!


The last email came from Hedgehog. Our order has shipped. There will be 4 Potlucks as well as 3 new colours.
Harvest
Rosehip
Sari

I hope tomorrow's emails are just as good!

No comments: