Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Chevron Shenanigans

Rita came in this afternoon with her Chevron Shenanigans. This is a Stephen West pattern that you can purchase on Ravelry. Don't forget about his birthday discount this week.
Select a palette of fading colors to knit this top-down garter stitch shawl. Short rows with chevrons create the unique aymmetrical shape. The small size features four colors and the large size uses five colors fading from light to dark. I-cord edges decorate the clean lines of this classic Westknits shawl.
Rita used 4 colours of Uschitita. She kept telling me how easy the pattern was. It knit fast. She enjoyed it so much. Now I'm going to have to cast one on. I love this shawl and Rita did an amazing job on hers.
I tried to keep the shawl. It was a great match for my new shoes.

I pulled out some skeins that I have at home but think I'm going to wait a few weeks. We have GarnStories coming in November. Qing should be coming in November. This afternoon I ordered new colours from Life in the Long Grass and we will see those in December.
Here are a few of the colours that Caroline has added to the LITLG range.


I made it to the armholes on my Comfort Fade Cardi and started the first sleeve last night. I started it many times. The pattern says to do the cuffs on 3.75mm needles. I didn't have a 40cm circular at home so I used a 4mm - the needle for the sleeve. The stitches were cast on but there was no way that I could join them. Then I cast on with my long 3.75mm with the intention of doing magic loop. I mulled it over and decided to knit the cuffs flat (they are garter stitch) and then join in the round when I start the reverse stocking stitch. I will seam the cuffs at the end. After knitting the first two rows I realized that I had too many stitches. I started again and am on my way.

7:45 might be a bit early for bed so I'm going to knit and watch a few innings of the World Series. I'm pretty sure that I won't see 9.

No comments: